Thursday, August 23, 2007

UPDATE - ROBERT NOT RUNNING FOR MAYOR

Good Afternoon -

We will head to Grand Junction (GJ) first thing tomorrow morning. Blood draw is at 9 am, we see Dr. Bergen at 9:30, and hopefully we'll have chemo for the rest of the day. We are spending the night at a motel that the American Cancer Society got us a discount on. Hopefully, I feel well enough to go to the retreat just outside during the day on Saturday.

Another person is going to run for mayor which take a lot pressure off us. I told Robert today that we rarely have leisure time together and we both tend to be cranky, given our busy summer. He will remain on city council. The current mayor who can't run for mayor again due to term limits may run for a council seat. That leaves two seats from the other ward to fill. I am releived. The stress of having cancer is enough. It takes all day just to take my meds and manuever around the house with my bad leg.

My heart goes out to the Dave Hoskins Family whom I know through cholangiocarcinoma.org. Dave flung himself into life as long as he could, and his wife Edith was incredibly supportive. He lost his battle last week.

That's the news for now.

Just up here in Colorado trying to get things done.

Sincerely, Caroline

No comments: