Sunday, September 30, 2007

So Much to Look Forward To

SO MANY BOOKS, SO LITTLE TIME
We have had a wonderful time here at the Mountins & Plains Independent Booksellers Association Fall Conference. So good to see many friends - booksellers, book reps, etc We've gotten lots of advanced reading copies of books. Our hotel, the Marriott, has the most conformtable bed, so I've been taking naps in the afternoon which is really helpful.

We have learned a lot at this show. Robert wants to do a You-Tube and a My Space for the bookstoe. So watch for that later.

We got to have dinner with Robert's son Ian last night at an Indian restaurant. It was good. He leaves tomorrow to do a show in Las Vegas. Last week, he was in Columbus, OH. The kid gets around with his new job.

Thanks to Jan Smith of Western Reflections Publishing - one of my loyal blog readers. She was in a cancer fundraiser in Lake City, CO and had a luminaria lit in my honor. Thanks, Jan.

Sorry I haven't gotten to see some of you on this trip. The book show is intense, and when I got tired, I went to the room and took a nap. Jody, I will catch up with you when I get home.


RADIO SHOW
I hope to get home in time to do part of my radio show on KURA-LP, 98.9, Ouray, CO. I don't know how to stream it yet, but if you are into that, just look them up on the internet. I'm usually on Sunday afternoons, but I've either been out of town or sick and it's been about a month.

I'm also still working on the film with the kids at the local high school.


LOTS OF FAMILY
Robert's brother Mike Stoufer and his wife Leslie are on their way to Ouray as I type this. They will be in tomorrow morning. We will be riding the Durang-Silverton train on Tuesday. Later in the week, we are going to the Grand Canyon and riding the train from Williams, AZ up to the canyon. My sistert Suzie and her husband Al will meet us and I will go home with Suzie the next week. While there, my cousin Nancy is coming in from Florida for a visit. Then I get back about Oct. 15th and have chemo on Oct. 17th.

Robert tells me it's time to hit the road. The aspens should be peaking in our area if it didn't snow on them while we were gone.


Just up here in Colorado, soaking it all in! Thanks everyone for everything.

Sincerely, Caroline

No comments: