Saturday, June 30, 2007

Received FOLFOX Yesterday

Yesterday I received FOLFOX treatment which takes just about all day. This weekend I'm very tired and taking it easy letting the chemo do its job.

I spoke with the oncologist about the liver scan taken 2 weeks ago - no new metastases and the existing tumors look stable. While my platlets were a little low, my red and white blood cell counts were good and my liver enzymes are very good - my liver is functioning. I'll have to be on the blood thinner shots for the rest of my life as the potential for more blood clots is very high. I believe this chemo will be ongoing indefinitely.

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and support. Thanks to my sister Suzie for being here right now and typing this for me AND especially to my husband Robert who is a jewel.

Sincerely,

Caroline

P.S. Hopefully I'm going to Taos for a writing conference next week.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Hi Caroline,
It was good talking to you on the phone. Glad to hear your scan acame out well. Sorry we couldn't get together while we were passing through Euray but I was glad at least we got to talk. Joe has gotten stronger each day and we are home now so that will help a lot. Take care and know that I am praying for you. Mary Anne Coburn