Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Override Button

One of my most useful tools in dealing with this cancer stuff is what I call my "override" button. There are days you get bad news from the doctor or you read something about life expectancy for people who have your kind of cancer, and you could get really freaked out. I've gotten where I pretty much say to myself, "I don't give a damn what you tell me, I'm not leaving this earth until I'm ready to go."

Can the will override the biochemistry that lets these stupid cells run amuck in my body? If others are throwing their will in with yours, can it make a difference? Am I denying God's will because I want to hang out in this beautiful imperfect place as long as I can and refuse the call home? What - does Heaven need a treasurer for the Chamber of Commerce? Well, too bad, because I'm not ready to leave this world yet, AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME!

Keep praying for me because I have some cancer butt to kick, and it won't be easy. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Steroids - they're not just for athletes anymore.

No comments: