Thursday, February 15, 2007

Good News

The oncology nurse called today and said my bone scan was okay. My tumor marker was down to 2,361. It was 2900+ on 1-18-07. Normal is 0 -37, but at least it is trending downward. By the way, I did have a chest X-ray last week to see if I had fluid build-up, but none was detected.

I have chemo tomorrow afternoon in Grand Junction. I only have to have Gemzar. We hope to go bowling after chemo if I'm feeling up to it. We may take in a movie afterwards or instead of bowling.

My energy level is better today. Not normal, but better than it's been. I think having three drugs infused last week plus going back on Xeloda did me in this week.

My bowling team has its first game on Friday, February 23rd. We lost our only male member, Mike Wage, who has been replaced by a woman named Beth. I think we are the only all female team in this league. We're truly "The Harem" this time around.

Thanks again to so many people who have sent thoughts, prayers, good wishes, card, e-mails, phone calls, etc. I really appreciate your support.

Just up here in Colorado getting psyched for the next round of bowling.

Sincerely, Caroline

No comments: