Sunday, June 25, 2006

Pooped Out!

Right after my last post when I said my energy had been good, I started getting really tired. I just wanted to lie down all the time. I've pretty much been able to take it easy, but it puts me behind on work for the bookstore. Oh well, it'll still be there. Mentally, I've felt unmotivated as well. This morning, I think my energy level is better. I did read two books this week which is unusual for me. (I know I own a bookstore, but I do all the ordering, bookkeeping, and management, so I hire people who like to read.)

I have had just a little touch of queasiness this week - less than last week. I got my prescription filled for Kytril, but I haven't had to take it. I've been taking papaya enzyme for the slight upset stomach, and it seems to be working. I don't know if it really works, but the little pills taste good. Maybe it's just a placebo for me, but whatever works. There are other digestive issues as well, but I'll spare you those gory details, except to say that I noticed on the Preparation H package that there could be drug interference with anit-depressants. (I started on Zoloft about a month ago after my life expectancy talk with the oncologist.) It's always something with cancer! Turns out I can use both, but I have to use "the H" sparingly and not take it orally. 10-4 ont that one - no sucking the Preparation H out of the tube!

My CA19-9 tumor marker test from last Tuesday showed that it was in the 2800 range which the doctor said was good news. This is up from 2577 from the week before. He was glad that it hadn't shot up into the the 3000's. The normal range is 0 -37.

I went to Silverton yesterday with my friend Jill. We had a great time talking and hanging out. It was a gorgeous day - blue sky, lots of sunshine. The crepe-paper poppies have been in bloom around town and are just outrageously bright and beautiful. Our pots of pansies, petunias, lobellia, dianthus, etc. are in bloom and so pretty, and the hummingbirds are constantly buzzing. The deer have chowed down on the annuals in the front flowerbed, but we still have some blooms out there. Summer is so wonderful here. I don't think the wildflowers have started in the mountains yet. We could really use some rain.

Better scoot. Gotta open the store and do my radio show later today.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers, concerns, interest, and LOVE! You make my life wonderful. To my fellow cholangio patients, thanks for your blogs and discussion group posts - they really help. My best wishes and prayers to all of you!

Just up here in Colorado, listening to the hummingbirds, enjoying the flowers, and grateful for each day that I have in my own little paradise!

Sincerely, Caroline

No comments: