Friday, March 24, 2006

So far, so good

I started on the sorafenib clinical trial last Tuesday, so today is Day 4. So far, no real side effects - just a few little minor things, like feeling a little jittery in morning after first dose, or my skin turning red & purple after a hot shower. (Usually, it does turn red.) I will be monitored by my local GP and my oncologist. I will see one in two weeks, the other in a month, and we will alternate these visits. We won't really know how the medication is working until I have a scan at the end of next month.

I get really tired in the evenings, which I find irritating because I just can't do as much as I used to. My husband & I make a concerted effort to go to bed early and get plenty of sleep. The tiredness started before I started taking sorafenib.

I do feel well enough, that I am heading to Utah with him this weekend for a rockhounding trip. We'll be looking for geodes and petrified wood. I will probably rockhound part of the day, and read, crochet, or nap in the truck the rest.

It's a beautiful morning in Ouray. I've come to cherish the sunny days because I don't know how many more of these I'll get. But if I have anything to say about it, many, many more!

No comments: