Thursday, November 02, 2006

Starting Radiation Next Week

We met with Dr. Oldroid, the radiation oncologist, today, and I will be starting radiation next Monday in Montrose for two weeks (Monday - Friday). We will have to alter our vacation plans, but we still plan to go to the New Mexico Mineral Symposium next weekend and the following weekend, we're meeting my sisters in Las Vegas to see the Cirque de Soleil Beatles show!

The radiation has a high chance of taking care of the cancer in my bone which is actually not in the ball. It's in the spur that is on the outside of the thigh. He said he did want to also target the hip socket as well because it's a hard place to get to, so he wants to take care of any cancer cells that might be there.

He did say that I don't have to give up bowling!

I have to run. I have book club tonight. This weekend I'm in another writing workshop taught by Mary Crow, Poet Laureate of Colorado.

Thanks everyone for your warm thoughts and wishes.

Just up here in Colorado, trying to get a fire started in the wood stove. Kind of chilly tonight.

Sincerely, Caroline

No comments: