Thursday, December 27, 2007

Memorial/Celebration of Life - May 17, 2008

Hi all, Caroline's memorial has been set for Saturday evening, May 17, 2008, 6:00 pm, at the Ouray Community Center.

If you're able, we would love for you to come cry, laugh, tell Caroline stories, and celebrate Caroline's life with us. While I'm sure there will be some tears, Caroline fully intended that we gather to celebrate her time with us and have a good time while doing so.

Following is the website for the Ouray Chamber of Commerce. It will provide you with some information about Ouray and there's a link at the top titled "Lodging". The motels I'm familiar with and can recommend are:

Box Canyon Lodge
The Best Western
The Comfort Inn (which accepts pets)
The River's Edge
The Victorian Inn

There are also several Bed & Breakfast facilities but I haven't stayed at any of those.

http://www.ouraycolorado.com/


I spoke with Robert about driving from the Dallas area. He said it would probably be best to drive:

Dallas to Albuquerque
Albuquerque to Pueblo, Colorado (Interstate 25)
Pueblo through Gunnison to Montrose, Colorado
Montrose south to Ouray

Let me know if you need specifics.

You could drive from Albuquerque to Durango, Colorado, but you'd have to go over Red Mountain pass --- it's definitely NOT for the weak of heart. You could go to Cortez and come over via Telluride. (The same for the New Mexico folks as well if the roads north of Durango are bad.) If you would like to come and would like to car pool, let me know and I'll try to connect people.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can get any information for you.

We're all doing well. Ian has been in Ouray with Robert since Sunday which has been great for both of them. As always, they opened the Buckskin for several hours Christmas day. Ian's due to depart tomorrow but I heard on the news this evening that the Denver airport has cancelled a ton of flights due to weather. Here in Prescott it's just cold (well, cold for us desert rats).

We miss Caroline terribly - I think of calling her all the time. I'm old enough to know it takes time - it just doesn't make my heart hurt any less. Thank you for the cards, emails, phone calls, love, and sympathy. I just love hearing from Caroline's friends. We hope to see you in May - if you can make it there safely.

Love to all,

Caroline's Family - Robert, Ian, Diane, Al and Suzie

Suzie West
suziew@cableone.net
Home: 928.776.0202

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.